Ready! Aim! Light Up!
Lucky Strike commercials from the fifties and atomic bomb tests meet their match.
I love archival films. And Rick Prelinger is a hero for making his collection freely available to the public. I’ve started playing around with some of my favorite archival films, and I just couldn’t resist these Lucky Strike commercials and atomic bombs.
Here is a short piece about found footage films from Project Quinn at the Annenberg School of Communications at USC.
- Transitio_MX Festival of Electronic and Video Arts, Mexico City, Mexico. 2011
- 24th Festival Les Instants Vidéo, Marseille, France. 2011
- Festival of (In)appropriation, Los Angeles Film Forum, USA 2011
- Museum of Pocket Art, Portland, USA (Traveled) 2011
- apexart, New York City, 2010.
The LA Film Forum and the Festival of (In)appropriation has included the piece in a DVD collection of found footage films which are available for purchase.